Cheesy Potato Skins are the perfect appetizer for any party! Potato Skins are a great way to kick off any meal. I know when I go places potato skins are always offered. One night I decided to have an appetizer night with my boys. They were so excited to have appetizers for dinner! We made these delicious Cheesy Potato Skins, Skyline Dip and Warm Bean Dip.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 6 small baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- sour cream for topping (optional)
- diced fresh chives for topping (optional)
- Lightly grease the outside of potatoes, cut small slit in the top and bake at 425 degrees for 45 minute or until soft.
- Let stand until cool enough to handle (about 15 minutes).
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the cooked potato, leaving a very thin layer of potato (save the cooked potato for mashed potatoes or hash browns).
- Brush the outside and inside of skins with melted butter.
- Sprinkle the inside with seasoned salt and Parmesan cheese.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until crisp and bubbly.
- Fill each with Cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Bake 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of chives if desired.
Be sure to try these other Appetizer recipes: