Turkey and Dumplings is a great recipe to use left over turkey from the holidays. In our house we love anything that is warm and served with dumplings during the cold months. This scrumptious turkey dumpling recipe I make every year after Thanksgiving. My hubby always looks forward to it on the Sunday after. He enjoys a couple bowls while watching football.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 2 - 3 cups cooked turkey
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 medium size carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2 cups veggie or chicken broth (I used veggie broth)
- 1 - 2 cups water
- 1 can biscuits
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- In a large pot combine celery, carrots, onion, pepper, salt, chicken broth and 1 cup water.
- Bring to a boil; then reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add turkey and another cup of water if needed to pot and stir.
- Bring to a boil again.
- Cut biscuits into quarters and place on top in pot.
- Sprinkle parsley flakes on top.
- Place lid on pot and reduce to simmer.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until dumplings are ready.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you like this recipe be sure to try these: