Do you love Buckeye Balls but hate the task of rolling them??? Then this recipe for tasty Buckeye Bark is for YOU! I absolutely love buckeye balls, but they can be daunting to make because they take so much time and effort. Around Christmas time my sister in law made this wonderful Buckeye Bark and it was super delicious! She said it was so much easier to make and that she will make these from now on! So if you love buckeye balls be sure to try this quick and easy recipe! If you are an OHIO Buckeyes fan you will love this recipe – it is perfect for tailgating!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 2½ lbs chocolate candy coating
- 1 (16.3 oz) jar creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups Confectioners’ sugar
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Melt half of the chocolate candy coating according to the package directions, then spread over parchment paper or a silpat-lined cookie sheet.
- Spread to a large rectangle, but not too thin – approximately ⅛? to ¼? thickness.
- Place in freezer to firm up.
- In a large bowl, beat together the peanut butter, Confectioners’ sugar, melted butter and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
- Remove first chocolate layer from the freezer and spread the peanut butter mixture over the top.
- Return to the freezer and melt the remaining chocolate candy coating.
- Once that is melted, spread it over the top of the peanut butter layer and freeze until set.
- Break up the bark into small pieces using a butcher knife.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve.
Be sure to try these other Dessert Recipes: