Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken is an easy freezer chicken crockpot meal. When prepping this freezer meal the smell of the lime juice and cilantro was amazing. I wanted to cook it right then and there so I could eat it. This meal is also gluten free (just serve with gluten free tortillas or over rice).
This easy freezer meal only takes minutes to assemble and will slowly cook all day to an incredible dinner. Now I have to warn you that once it’s cook that it does not look very pretty but it does taste incredible! I served it on tortillas for the family and used toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream and avocados. For myself I used romaine lettuce and made it into a lettuce wrap. I will definitely make this crockpot meal again! It would also be delicious served over rice. When preparing as a freezer meal you can freeze the chicken raw and then cook it in the slow cooker for best results.
We have a free printable shopping list for you for this recipe! It includes a list for a single, double, triple or x10. We hope it makes your shopping easy! Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. A great way to save money is to purchase your meat in bulk from ZayconFresh.
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 4 Points per serving (if served on lettuce without sour cream or cheese)
- 2 chicken breasts (I used 1 lb)
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 can of black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups of frozen corn
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Juice squeezed from 2 Limes
- tortillas or lettuce (for serving)
- shredded cheese (for serving)
- sour cream (for serving)
- Place all ingredients in freezer bag.
- Freeze flat.
- Thaw overnight in fridge.
- Dump in crockpot and cook on LOW 8 hours or HIGH 4 hours.
- Shred chicken and stir mixture together.
- Serve in tortillas and enjoy.