Funeral Rolls taste AMAZING! They are an easy appetizer recipe to make and let me tell you they are nothing to mourn about. I was introduced to these delicious Funeral Sandwiches years ago when I taught at North Laurel High in London, KY. My co-worker made these for a teachers meeting and everyone gobbled them up! She told me they are called Funeral Rolls because they were prepared for funeral “layouts” traditionally in the South.
They are so easy to make and what I love is that can prepare them in advance and then bake them when you are ready. I made these for my family this year at Christmas and they loved them! They would make a fabulous appetizer for game day too!
We prefer our Funeral Rolls to be made with Kings Hawaiian Rolls. Simply Cut each roll in half, lengthwise and place bottom halves on the bottom of a baking pan. Then Layer bottom half with ham slices and cheese and place the top half back on.
In a bowl, Mix together the butter, Worcestershire, mustard, brown sugar and onion powder. Pour sauce over sandwiches, drenching each one. Cover tightly and marinade anywhere from 4-24 hours. Overnight works best! This is why I love this recipe because you make them in advance and pull them out to bake later!
- 1 package (12 ct) of King’s Hawaiian Rolls (or other brand of choice)
- 1 lb. Ham (sliced thin)
- Swiss or Provolone Cheese, thinly sliced
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBSP mustard
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- optional, poppy seeds
- Cut each roll in half, lengthwise and place bottom halves on the bottom of a baking pan.
- Layer bottom half with ham slices and cheese and place the top half back on.
- In a bowl, Mix together the butter, Worcestershire, mustard, brown sugar and onion powder. Pour sauce over sandwiches, drenching each one. Cover tightly and marinade anywhere from 4-24 hours. Overnight works best!
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Optional - sprinkle poppy seeds over the top
- Bake for 15 minutes uncovered,or until cheese is melted and bun tops are a bit golden.
Salami Rolls (Gluten Free)
Jalapeno Popper Dip (Low Fat ~ Weight Watchers)
Delicious Crockpot Recipes :
- Complete Pork Chop Dinner in a Crockpot
- Complete Steak Dinner in a Crockpot
- Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
- Crockpot Apple Crisp
- Crockpot Apples and Porkchops
- Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- Crockpot Buffalo Dip
- Crockpot Chicken & Sweet Potatoes
- Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing
- Crockpot Coca-Cola Pork Roast
- Crockpot Hashbrown Casserole
- Crockpot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken
- Crockpot Hot Cocoa
- Crockpot Pizza Casserole
- Crockpot Pork Loin Roast
- Crockpot Pumpkin Spice Lattes
- Crockpot Ranch Porkchops
- Crockpot Taco Soup
- Homemade Crockpot Caramel Dip (Dulce de Leche)