I love Chinese Fried Rice! It is one of the reasons that I love to eat at Chinese Restaurants. However now that I am gluten free I can no longer enjoy it, unless I go to PF Changs where they use gluten free soy sauce. My Mom reminded me of my Aunt Beulah’s Homemade Fried Rice Recipe and I decided to make it for dinner. We ALL loved it!
Of course no one had any idea that I used gluten free soy sauce! What I love is you can incorporate any meat that you have available. I love the trio of shrimp, chicken and pork. So if you are looking for an inexpensive and tasty dinner check out this Chinese Fried Rice Recipe. It took me less than 20 minutes from start to finish!
Chinese Fried Rice
- Aunt Beulah’s Chinese Fried Rice (exactly as she wrote it in the 1980’s)
- 2 cups (or less) cooked pork or chicken
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 small can mushrooms (or fresh mushrooms if you have them)
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- Soy Sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups rice (raw) cooked and ready before you start (Don’t cook rice too dry)
- Place cooking oil in skillet.
- Add pork or chicken and mushrooms. Fry lightly for 3 minutes.
- Then add your rice and put in a bunch of soy sauce, to taste.
- Then add green onions and cook for about 3 minutes and then break 2 eggs into mixture and spread around and stir in good and cook till the eggs are all cooked. (After it is cooked you can see little pieces of cooked egg white. That will take about 3 minutes. Don’t cook too hot or too long or it will be too dry.