With the holidays right around the corner it’s time to start thinking about how to plan for events and family potlucks and still stay within your daily point range with the Weight Watchers program. This Low Fat Lemon Chiffon Pie is a perfect adaptation of a classic rich dessert that falls into your Weight Watchers plan beautifully at only 3 WW points per slice. Plan ahead to treat your sweet tooth and surprise those around you with the decadence of this pie and maintain your weight maintenance or loss goals despite the rich holiday fare around you.
The great thing about this recipe is how easy it would be to adjust with different flavored gelatin or fresh fruit toppings. Popular choices might be orange, pineapple or lime with fresh slices of the individual fruits on the side as garnish. This Low Fat Lemon Chiffon Pie is a great treat at the end of a long day or a simple offering that is quick and easy to create to take to your upcoming holiday parties.
Did you know that you can freeze cream cheese? It works great and saves money! I like to purchase cream cheese in bulk on sale and stockpile it for recipes. Check out this post Can You Freeze Cream Cheese to find out how!
Low Fat Lemon Chiffon Pie
- 1 Reduced Fat Graham Cracker Crust
- ½ Package Fat Free Cream Cheese Softened (4oz)
- 1 Sugar Free Lemon Gelatin Package
- 2 Cups Sugar Free Whipped Topping (thawed)
- 1/8 Cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 Cup Water
- In a small bowl mix hot water and gelatin until it is dissolved. Set bowl aside and allow mix to cool.
- In a large bowl mix together cream cheese whipped topping and lemon juice until smooth.
- Add in gelatin mixture folding until well incorporated. Remember that lighter versions of cream cheese and whipped topping have a lot of air in them so if over mixed will fall flat. Folding the gelatin in will help keep the bulk of “fluff”.
- Stir in zest of lemon and pour mixture into prepared reduced fat graham cracker crust. (I typically purchase ready- made as reflected in points but you may adapt with your own or serve as a “pudding” with just 2-3 graham crackers on the side if preferred.)
- This recipe makes 8 servings. Each serving is 3 Weight Watchers Points.