If you need an easy basic meatloaf recipe then this is the meatloaf recipe for you! Meatloaf 101 recipe has very basic ingredients that you most likely already have in your kitchen. All you need is six ingredients to make this delicious meatloaf.
If you have had bad experiences making meatloaf I promise you can not mess this one up. Follow the directions as written and you will be able to make a good meatloaf recipe! I served my Meatloaf 101 Recipe with Roasted Broccoli and Loaded Baked Sweet Potato.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Meatloaf 101 Recipe
Yield 6 -8
- 2 lb of ground beef (or mixtures of ground beef, ground turkey and/or ground pork)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 C or so canned bread crumbs or dry uncooked oatmeal
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 C of ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the ground meat, eggs, chopped onions, bread crumbs/oats, Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 cup of the ketchup into a large bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together (Some people try to do this with a large paddle spoon, but I just smash everything together using one hand, keeping the other hand clean so I can add more bread crumbs or oats, if necessary - the mixture should be firm, so it will stick together while baking, but not stiff.
- While the mixture is still in the bowl, begin shaping it into one or two oblong "loaves."
- Put the loaf or loaves into the prepared baking pan.
- Top the loaf/loaves with the rest of the ketchup.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 75 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately take your meatloaf out of the pan and place on plate.
- Allow the meatloaf to cool for five minutes before slicing.
- Serve and enjoy.
Easy Crockpot Meatloaf (Most Popular Recipe)