Roasted Cabbage Steaks are a great Paleo recipe! If you love cabbage then you will go bonkers over this recipe. If you are unsure or have never tried cabbage then this is the recipe that will make you love it! This is really a simple dish but it goes great as a side dish with any meal or you can just eat it alone. They are only 2 WW+ Points per serving!
All you need is four ingredients, five minutes to prep it and then toss them in the oven for an hour. It is that quick and when you hear the oven timer beep the Roasted Cabbage Steaks are ready to enjoy! This recipe is Whole 30 compliant.
Roasted Vegetables Recipes:
Weight Watchers Points Plus = 1 Point
- 1 head of cabbage, cut into 1" thick slices
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- spray olive oil or non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400F and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pull outer leaf off cabbage (it’s usually dirty and nasty looking), cut cabbage from top to bottom (bottom being root) into 1″ thick slices.
- Rub both sides of cabbage with smashed garlic.
- Use a pastry brush to evenly spread the olive oil over both sides of the cabbage slices.
- Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper.
- Roast on middle rack for 30 minutes.
- Carefully flip the cabbage steaks roast for additional 30 minutes until edges are brown and crispy.