Easter Egg Cupcakes are perfect to serve for all the children! My boys love these cupcakes. They love the bubble gum used as Easter eggs and the green coconut on top of the creamy frosting. For the cupcake mix I followed the directions in —> How to Cut Calories When Baking a Cake —> I used a box of yellow cake mix and 7up.
These cupcakes are easy to make and you can prepare them ahead of time. I usually make these the Saturday before Easter and keep them in the fridge until morning. The morning of Easter I pull them out so they can thaw and they are perfectly delicious by the time we are ready for Easter dinner.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Easter Egg Cupcakes
Yield 24 cupcakes
- 24 cupcakes, prepared
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp water
- green food coloring
- small bubble gum balls (I used 72 pieces - put 3 on each cupcake)
- Place shredded coconut in ziploc bag.
- Add 1 Tbsp water into bag along with 5-6 drops of green food coloring.
- Shake bag until coconut is desired color.
- Spread dyed coconut onto plate.
- Frost each cupcake with icing and roll in coconut.
- Place 3 gumballs on top in the center.
- Serve and enjoy!