Easter Peeps Cake is the perfect dessert to serve for the whole family! The children will love this delicious cake topped with jelly beans and sides covered in Peeps® marshmallow treats. This dessert recipe is so simple and easy to prepare, but everyone will think you spent a long time making it!
To make this scrumptious and fun cake you will need 2 prepared cake layers (either square or round will work), white frosting (I used Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting), shredded coconut, green food coloring, jelly beans and 3 packages of Peeps® (any color you choose but you want to use the bunny shape so they will stand and stick on sides).
Start by frosting your cake layers and set to the side. Next put shredded coconut in a ziploc bag, add 5-6 drops of green food coloring and 1 tsp of water. Close the bag and start shaking until all the coconut has been dyed green. Sprinkle the green coconut on top of the cake. Open the Peeps® and assemble around the sides of the cake. Assemble jelly beans on top and now your Easter Peeps Cake is ready to serve!
If you love this Easter Peeps Cake be sure to check out —->Sunflower Peeps Cake
Easter Peeps Cake
Yield 10 -12
- 2 prepared cake layers (either square or round - 8x8 or 9x9)
- 1 jar of white frosting
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- green food coloring
- 1 tsp water
- jelly beans
- 3 packages of Peeps® (bunny shape)
- Lay one prepared cake layer on plate.
- Frost a thin layer on top of cake and lay the other cake layer on top of it.
- Next frost the whole cake on top and sides; set aside.
- Place shredded coconut into a ziploc bag, add 5-6 drops of green food coloring and 1 tsp of water.
- Close bag and shake until all of the coconut is dyed green.
- Sprinkle coconut on top of the cake.
- Open Peeps® packages and assemble around the sides of the cake.
- Place jelly beans on top of the cake.
- Serve and enjoy!
Colored Deviled Eggs (Most popular!)
Crockpot Breakfast Casserole (Perfect for Easter morning!)