Crockpot Blueberry Crisp is a delicious dessert recipe that is perfect after a Sunday dinner. Place everything in the slow cooker and let it bake to yummy goodness. In making this delicious dessert recipe I used Wyman’s of Maine Frozen Blueberries. You can find these scrumptious frozen blueberries at Walmart or Whole Foods.
If you want you can even add a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream to the top of this delicious blueberry dessert. My boys loved it with the ice cream, however I thought it was perfection all by it self. The recipe calls for pecan pieces but my boys and hubby do not like pecans so I left them out when I made this yummy slow cooker dessert.
I adapted this recipe from Eat at Home Cooks.
- 16 oz frozen blueberries
- 1¼ cup quick oats
- ½ cup pecan pieces (optional)
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 TBSP butter, softened (real butter)
- Spray the inside of the crockpot with cooking spray (or use a liner).
- Place blueberries in the bottom of the crockpot (frozen)
- Combine oats, pecans, whole wheat flour, nutmeg, salt and cinnamon.
- Add honey and butter and using a pastry blender or two knives combine until crumbles form.
- Add the crumbles to the blueberries.
- Cover and cook on low 3-5 hours.
- That is it! Serve with ice-cream if desired and enjoy!