What do you do with those last couple pieces of Bologna? Are there any Bologna recipes out there? Well, now there is. My husband always is combining strange things in the kitchen. When I walked in and saw him frying bologna and eggs I was curious. It smelled awesome! I am not one to mix my cuisines you could say. I do not normally like Mexican Breakfast dishes but my husband on the other hand says who cares what dish you eat when. I tried his Fried Bologna Breakfast Quesadilla and I was pleasantly surprised. It was delicious!
If you grew up in the south like I did then Fried Bologna was a traditional breakfast food. My grandparents would fry bologna and serve it like bacon or ham when I was growing up. It was an affordable breakfast side dish for sure. If you have never given it a try you are really missing out. This is an example of how you can take that traditional breakfast side dish and turn it into a main dish!
- Shredded Cheese
- Mexi Ranch dressing for dipping
- Dice and fry Bologna
- Scramble Eggs
- Mix Bologna and Eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly butter one side of tortilla (we used 0 calorie spray)
- Place tortilla on pan and add desired amount of cheese
- When the cheese melts add Bologna/Egg mixture
- Fold Tortilla over and remove
- Portion out Mexi Ranch for dipping
- You may want to double the recipe or you will lose yours!