I love fresh seafood! Too bad my husband doesn’t Now I can have my seafood for 1 and I ton’t have to stink up the entire house! Did you know that select Kroger Grocery Stores now offer a FREE service for their customers called Easy For You! Seafood.
It is so easy too! All you do is go to your local Kroger Seafood Counter and select the type of seafood that you want. Next they will season it for you and seal into a take and bake package. All you do is take it home and place it on a cookie sheet and bake it! It is really as easy as 1-2-3. It is fresh and delicious and best of all a complimentary service when you purchase your fresh seafood at Kroger.
How does Kroger Easy For You Seafood Work?
1. Choose the seafood item you want from the fresh seafood counter
2. Choose the seasoning you want.
3. Kroger will season and seal your selection in a oven-ready bag.
4. You (pay for it) and take it home and bake it!
Best of all Kroger makes it simple for you! You can select from the perfect pairings list or you can create your own. They offer fresh herbs, butter, lemon and dry seasonings too. They have them labeled with what is gluten free too! This service Easy for You Seafood takes the hesitation out of buying, preparing and cooking fish at home.
We attended a Blogger Event hosted by Kroger and tasted the following:
- Atlantic Salmon with Sweet Bourbon and Butter and Cilantro
- Filet of Cod with Lemon Pepper and Dill
- Cajun Style Gulf Shrimp
- Tilapia with Rosemary Garlic Lemon Butter
- Chilean Sea Bass with Lemon Pepper and Dill
- Mahi Mahi with Pepper Steak and Cilantro Butter
- Bay Scallops with California Garlic and Thyme Butter
- Steelhead Trout with Lemon Pepper and Dill
- Red Snapper with California Garlic and Thyme Butter
We also tasted the following side dishes:
- Creamed Orzo Florentine with Sundried Tomato Cream
- Garlic Whipped Potatoes
- Shrimp and Dill Risotto
- Grilled Asparagus with Lemon Butter Sauce
- Tortellini with Roasted Red Pepper and Pesto Cream
- Creamy Polenta with Spicy Andouille Ragout
- Vegetable Medley with Balsamic Drizzle
All you have to do to prepare is pierce the bag with a fork on each side of the window, place it on a baking sheet and bake according to the seafood weight. Next carefully open (it is full of steam so please be careful) and then enjoy!
There is a handy Easy For You Seafood Brochure available with all kinds of seafood recommendations! So if you don’t like to handle seafood but love to eat it or you are like my husband and don’t like the smell of seafood cooking then this service is for you. Best of all it is FREE! I tried the service myself and what I liked is that I can choose the type of fresh seafood I wanted. I chose Wild Caught because I don’t eat Farm Raised Seafood from the grocery store. All of the seafood was clearly labeled which made it easy for me. I also selected Lemon Pepper, Butter and fresh Lemon on Wild Caught Sea Bass. It was delicious!
Seafood is a great source of Protein, Vitamins and Minerals, low in saturated fat and this method helps the seafood retain valuable nutrients. It is a mess free and clean up free cooking method! A win/win for me!
This service is perfect for Lent or everyday. One thing to know is that you can NOT freeze the fish in the package and it is best cooked the day or day after you purchase it for freshness.
Save Money at Kroger:
- Kroger Store Coupons
- Kroger unadvertised deals
- Kroger advertised deals
- Kroger Grocery Store Pinterest Board
- Past Weeks Kroger Matchups
- Kroger Coupon Policy
Gluten Free Seafood Recipes:
Disclosure: Kroger provided us the opportunity to try the Easy For You Seafood at the Blogger Event and sent us home with a product to try and enjoy for our families. All opinions are 100% our own.