My friend Sarah shared this recipe and warm blueberry muffins with me. They were simply AMAZING! I haven’t been eating gluten free bread in months and the temptation was simply too much for me. I ate one, I ate two, I can’t lie, I ate the third! She was kind and brought three fresh from the oven still warm and bubbly and it is true, I didn’t share them. In my defense my husband told me to indulge because he knows that I don’t get a warm fresh from the oven delicious gluten free muffin often (ok never) so I did.
This recipe was easy to prepare and can easily be frozen and then enjoyed daily for breakfast or for a special occasion. The recipe comes from A Girl Defloured.
You can use this Gluten Free Flour Mixture to prepare. I keep in on hand all of the time for baking gluten free. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. Thanks so much Sarah for sharing and to my husband for allowing me to be a little selfish!
Best Gluten Free Muffins
- 2 cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter (real butter)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (gluten free)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- optional, turbinado (raw) sugar for sprinkling on the top of each muffin
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray the cups of a 12 cup muffin tin with gluten free cooking spray or line with paper liners. (I like to use oil instead of cooking spray)
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and xanthan gum together in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, butter and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Fold in the blueberries, do not overmix.
- Fill each muffin cup slightly more than half way.
- Optional - Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar.
- Bake 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
- Serve warm with butter!
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled and frozen.
Gluten Free Recipes: