Easy Crockpot Black Bean Soup is the easiest, tastiest vegetarian soup ever! With only a few ingredients and spices this soup is super delicious and good for you. Not to mention that the cost for this soup is super low. Which is a huge plus for my family of 5!
I kept a tally of the prices I spent on most of the items, the spices and minced garlic I already at home so I did not to need to spend money on them — 2 cans black beans – $0.69/each, 2 cans diced tomatoes on manger’s special at Kroger’s $0.19/each, 1 can corn $0.50/each and fresh chives on manager’s special at Kroger’s $0.79/each. So my grand total I spent was $3.05!!!
Feel free to add vegetable stock to this to thin it to your desired consistency.
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14 oz) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 oz) corn, drained
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- vegetable stock or water for thinning - optional
- Toss everything in the crockpot and mix well.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If you are preparing for freezer simply dump all ingredients into a freezer safe bag and freeze. When ready to cook simply thaw in the refrigerator overnight and place in the slow cooker in the morning and cook on low for 8 hours.
Crockpot Soup Recipes