I love to make and eat Homemade Peach Preserves. Whenever we travel to South Carolina we always pick up a box of fresh peaches on our way home so I can make Homemade Peach Preserves. I love to make Paula Deen’s Peach Glazed Grilled Pork Skewers with my homemade peach preserves too!
Thanks to my good friend Kim Webster for sharing her recipe and image with me. I can’t wait to can my own with fresh GA peaches this summer!
- 12 fresh peaches, pitted and chopped
- 4 cups white sugar
- 1 (2 ounce) package dry pectin
- Mash 1 cup chopped peaches in the bottom of a large saucepan.
- Add remaining peaches, and place pan over medium-low heat.
- Bring to a low boil, and cook for about 20 minutes or until peaches become liquid (I like to leave some chunks)
- Pour peaches into a bowl, and then measure 6 cups back into the pan.
- Add sugar, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Gradually stir in dry pectin, and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat after 1 minute, and transfer to sterilized jars.
- Process in hot water bath canner for 10 minutes.
- Let cool, and place on shelf until ready to use.
- Refrigerate after opening.
More Recipes You May Enjoy: