I love to make and eat Homemade Peach Preserves. Whenever we travel to South Carolina or Georgia we always pick up a box of fresh peaches on our way home so I can make Homemade Peach Preserves. I love to make Paula Deen’s Peach Glazed Grilled Pork Skewers with my homemade peach preserves too! When I think of summer I always think of homemade peach preserves.
Thanks to my good friend Kim Webster for sharing her recipe and image with me. I can’t wait to can my own with fresh peaches this summer!
Homemade Peach Preserves
- 12 fresh peaches, pealed, pitted and chopped
- 4 cups white sugar
- 1 (2 ounce) package dry pectin
- Mash 1 cup chopped peaches in the bottom of a large saucepan.
- Add remaining peaches, and place pan over medium-low heat.
- Bring to a low boil, and cook for about 20 minutes or until peaches become liquid (I like to leave some chunks)
- Pour peaches into a bowl, and then measure 6 cups back into the pan.
- Add sugar, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Gradually stir in dry pectin, and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat after 1 minute, and transfer to sterilized jars.
- Process in hot water bath canner for 10 minutes.
- Let cool, and place on shelf until ready to use.
- Refrigerate after opening.
More Recipes You May Enjoy: