I am in love with this Black Bean, Corn, Tomato & Avocado Salad. It is a vegetarian recipe that is light and fresh for summer. It is so easy to prepare and filled with super foods that are so good for your body. I prepared it in minutes and took it to the pool to enjoy for lunch. It left me feeling full all day. It is naturally gluten free too!
I made mine with fresh corn but you can use frozen if you want too. This salad is great to eat alone or as a side. It is also a clean eating recipe full of amazing fiber. I also love to use Dry Beans instead of canned as it is a huge money saver. This is a great tip for making Black Beans in the crockpot.
Weight Watchers Points Plus = 2 Points
- 1½ cups sweet corn, frozen then cooked (or use fresh)
- 2 small or 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 14 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained (rinse until the white foam is gone)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup purple onion, optional
- Juice from 2 limes (I used fresh)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- black pepper and sea salt, to taste
- Cook Corn
- Rinse Beans
- Chop Tomato, Avocado, Onion, Cilantro and Garlic
- Combine into a bowl
- Add Vinegrette
- Stir and Refrigerate
Here are some great tasting recipes that use black beans:
Be sure to “PIN” this great kitchen tip recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.