I LOVE Strawberry Spinach Green Smoothies! So easy to make and a delicious and clean eating breakfast or snack! This is my go-to all summer long. Not only is this a great gluten free smoothie it is also Paleo. You can use either Almond or Coconut Milk. I prefer coconut so that it is Paleo. You can use more milk to think out your smoothie too! Enjoy!
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 cup packed baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen, chopped strawberries
- ¼ cup almond or coconut milk
- I have found for best mixing results to layer ingredients in the following order:
- /2 the banana, sliced
- remaining banana, sliced
- frozen strawberries
- almond or coconut milk
- Blend until completely mixed and no large chunks are present.
- This may take up to 2 or 3 minutes if you are using a blender and less if you are using a Ninja or Vitamix. Serve and enjoy!!
Weight Watchers Points Plus = 2 Points
One tip that I learned is to use lemon essential oil or lemon rind (but in my opinion the lemon essential oil works better) to take the “bite” out of the greens. A great tip is to freeze your own fruit when it is a stockpile price. You can even freeze green smoothies.
I love to freeze ingredients for my green smoothies! It saves me time and money!
Check out this post on How To Make Green Smoothies