It is so simple to make your own Homemade Energy Bars! My husband loves energy bars to take to work. He is an HVAC technician and during the summer months he is constantly out in the heat. When it’s gets to the afternoon he is exhausted and needs something to help him get through the day. He will pull out an energy bar to help fuel his body. While he loves energy bars they can be a bit pricey. So finding a recipe to make them myself will help cut the cost down.
I used Mom’s Best Cereal Blueberry Wheat-fuls in these delicious Homemade Energy Bars. Their cereal is sweetened whole grain shredded wheat cereal with frosting made from real blueberries for a healthy and delicious breakfast. Free of artificial flavors or preservatives, no hydrogenated oils and no high fructose corn syrup.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Weight Watchers Points Plus = 5 Points
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup Mom's Best Cereal Blueberry Wheat-fuls shredded wheat
- 1 cup cran-raisins (or you can use raisins)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray an 8x8 pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Place cran-raisins in food processor and pulse until lightly chopped (it will be sticky).
- Add the shredded wheat, oats, cinnamon and salt in food processor and pulse until mixture is finely chopped and incorporated.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, honey, vanilla and peanut butter.
- Add the oat mixture and chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake 15-18 minutes until edges are slightly golden.
- Let cool completely in the pan before slicing into squares.
Easy Kid’s Desserts:
Crispy Cocoa Rice Treats (gluten free)
Easy Breakfast Recipe
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Mom’s Best Cereal. All opinions are 100% our own. We love that Mom’s Best Cereal is nutritious and affordable.