There is no better gift than Friendship Tea. My Mom shared this recipe with me years ago and I have given it as a gift since then. I love the way that Friendship Tea tastes too. Of course anything with Tang in it reminds me of my Aunt Ida. You can make up a large batch and prepare it for gift giving. It makes a fabulous Christmas Gift packaged in a Mason Jar with a ribbon attached.
Everyone has a different way of packaging this spiced tea mix. I liked the way these were packaged in “re-cycled” containers covered with contact paper and 3-D Christmas design teapot stickers attached to the front. My Mom received this as a gift. The perfect sized container would be a cocoa container or you can purchase tins at the dollar store.
Friendship Tea Recipe
- 1/2 cup instant tea
- 1 cup sweetened lemonade mix
- 1 cup Tang
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Store in a an airtight container.
- To serve, put 2 to 3 tsp. mix in a mug and stir in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Adjust amount of mix to taste.