I am in love with these Quinoa Stuffed Green Peppers! I picked tons of peppers from my garden and decided that I wanted to shake it up a bit. I prepared these amazing gluten free and clean eating green peppers. Minus the quinoa they are also paleo too. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did! In fact my husband turned his nose up at them until I put them on the plate and then he devoured them and asked for more. I would say that is a winner!
First I started off with Laura’s Lean Beef. I love to use Laura’s Lean Beef because it is a high quality product. My Dad works in Winchester, KY and we have known of this brand since the mid 80’s and long before it was “popular”. I have visited the farm as a girl and have a deep appreciate for the brand. Laura’s Lean Beef is all natural and raised with no antibiotics. They don’t use growth hormones and raise leaner beef (hence the name). I added to the beef a whole onion, 5 garlic cloves and started sauteing.
I prepared package of Roland Farms Quinoa as my beef browned. I chopped up a yellow and orange pepper and sauteed that with the beef and then used a paper towel to remove any excess fat (there was none). Next I added 2 cans of Red Gold Tomatoes (feel free to use fresh tomatoes) and I stirred in the cooked quinoa.
While my beef was browning I blanched my green peppers in boiling water for about 7-10 minutes. I placed them into a muffin pan and then sprinkled some cheese on top and allowed to melt on top in an oven. I am not eating dairy myself right now so this was great because I could add to those who wanted it. You could also use DAIYA non dairy cheese.
My family thought these were very tasty and best of all I kept the dish clean and healthy! By using fresh tomatoes instead of canned or canning yourself you can eliminate all prepared products from this dish.
- 8 green peppers
- 1 orange pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 lbs ground beef (I chose Laura's Lean Beef)
- 1 package Roland Farms Quinoa (I chose garlic)
- 2 cans Red Gold Tomatoes (or any brand canned or fresh tomatoes)
- Cheese, optional - sprinkle on top if desired
- In a skillet brown 2 lbs ground beef, 1 onion and 5 cloves of garlic.
- Add orange and yellow peppers and cook until tender.
- In a pan prepare quinoa according to package directions.
- In a pan blanch your cleaned green peppers until tender.
- Drain any fat from ground beef.
- Add quinoa and tomatoes and heat until bubbly.
- Place green peppers into a muffin pan.
- Spoon in meat mixture.
- Top with cheese, optional and heat in an oven at 350 degrees until melted.
Gluten Free Recipes You May Enjoy:
Baked “Fried” Squash
Gluten Free and Dairy Free German Chocolate Cake
Gluten Free Cheese Grits
Gluten-Free Flour Mix Recipe
Gluten-Free Fried Chicken
Gluten-Free Homemade “Larabars”