These adorable Watermelon Rice Krispies are perfect for a BBQ or family gathering! I recently made these sweet treats for our family’s Labor Day picnic. They were so easy to make and everyone loved how cute they were and how delicious they tasted. If you have children then you need to make sure you try these!
You can use natural food coloring that you can purchase at your local health food store or whole foods. It can also easily be adapted to be gluten free too!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Watermelon Rice Krispies
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Red Food Coloring
- Green Melted Chocolate
- Chocolate Chips
- Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Stir in food coloring.
- Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal.
- Stir until well coated.
- Place in shallow pan, it will start to cool off quickly.
- Place chocolate chips on top right away so they will melt into the top a little bit.
- Spray knife with cooking spray or butter and cut rice krispies into wedges and place on wax paper to cool completely.
- Next dip the ends into melted chocolate and place back on wax paper to cool.
- Best if served the same day.