Homemade Garlic Bread is one of my favorites to make when we have pasta for dinner. My boys love garlic bread and they love this homemade recipe better than store bought. It is also quite easy to prepare and make with simple ingredients. No preservatives and you can even take it a step further and make your own bread if you desire. I usually pick mine up from the bakery in Kroger Marketplace that they bake fresh daily.
All of the other ingredients used in this Homemade Garlic Bread recipe I have on hand at home in my kitchen. So it’s very easy for me to make this delicious bread for dinner when serving pasta. My boys love when I serve Chicken Pasta with this scrumptious garlic bread.
- 1 fresh roll of french, bagette, or italian bread (whichever you prefer)
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried or fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut bread roll in half lengthwise.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together butter, minced garlic, salt, garlic powder, parsley, olive oil and parmesan cheese until well combined.
- Liberally spread garlic butter mixture on each half of bread.
- Bake bread for 10-14 minutes or until bread is crisp and top is golden brown.
- Tip: If you want to brown the top even more, turn your broiler on for 1-2 minutes but watch carefully so your bread doesn't burn!!
- Cut bread into slices and serve.