DIY Cream of Chicken Soup is so easy to prepare and made with good for you ingredients. Only four ingredients needed! I had all the items in my pantry and refrigerator, so no need to run to the store for anything. It is best to use the DIY Cream of Chicken Soup the day you make it, but it will keep for a couple of days in the fridge.
Yield 1 cup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons white flour
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat then add the flour.
- Cook, stirring rapidly, until the mixture is thick.
- Add the chicken stock and whisk until smooth, then add the milk.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
- This will keep for a couple days in the fridge, but it's best to use it the day you make it.
- Makes a little over a cup,equivalent to one can of soup.