Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup is a great freezer meal recipe! This is another meal that I made while doing my crockpot freezer meal recipes. I recently spent an afternoon making 10 Crockpot Freezer Meals and during that time I made this recipe and a previous featured recipe – Crockpot Chicken Chili (ah-mazing by the way!). Perfect for this frozen cold weather we are experiencing here in Kentucky.
You can make this recipe as is and cook right away or make as a freezer meal for future use. To make as a freezer meal be sure to write these directions on the bag – Cook on Low 8 Hours, Whisk 1/4 cup flour with 1 cup milk and add 1/2 hour before serving along with 8oz shredded cheese. Be sure to try this Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup because it will hit the spot! It is naturally gluten free.
If you want to learn more about Freezer Cooking click here —Freezer Meals and you may want to check out 20 Freezer Meals in 4 Hours. This is a great way to save both time and money! Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. A great way to save money is to purchase your meat in bulk from ZayconFresh.
We hope you enjoy this yummy Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup as much as we do! It is the perfect recipe for a cold winter day!
Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup
Yield 6 -8
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 3 cups beef broth
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place all ingredients (except cheese) in a freezer bag, mix well, freeze until ready.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. 30 minutes prior to serving, whisk 1/4 cup flour and 1 cup milk until no lumps remain and stir into the soup.
- Add cheese and stir again.
- Cover and cook until soup is thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!