Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup is a great freezer meal recipe! This is another meal that I made while doing my crockpot freezer meal recipes. I recently spent an afternoon making 10 Crockpot Freezer Meals and during that time I made this recipe and a previous featured recipe – Crockpot Chicken Chili (ah-mazing by the way!). Perfect for this frozen cold weather we are experiencing here in Kentucky.
You can make this recipe as is and cook right away or make as a freezer meal for future use. To make as a freezer meal be sure to write these directions on the bag – Cook on Low 8 Hours, Whisk 1/4 cup flour with 1 cup milk and add 1/2 hour before serving along with 8oz shredded cheese. Be sure to try this Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup because it will hit the spot!
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. A great way to save money is to purchase your meat in bulk from ZayconFresh.
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 3 cups beef broth
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place all ingredients (except cheese) in a freezer bag, mix well, freeze until ready.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. 30 minutes prior to serving, whisk ¼ cup flour and 1 cup milk until no lumps remain and stir into the soup.
- Add cheese and stir again.
- Cover and cook until soup is thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!