Crockpot Healthy Beef Stew is another slow cooker freezer meal that I prepped a week ago. It is very delicious and hearty! My whole family loved this stew and we even had leftovers the next day for lunch. When I prepared this I also made Sugar Cornbread to serve along with it. Seems like beef stew and cornbread were just meant to be together like peanut butter and jelly.
So over a week ago I decided to take an afternoon to prepare 10 Healthy Crockpot Freezer Meals and this scrumptious Crockpot Healthy Beef Stew was one of them. When freezing, be sure to write on ziploc bag – Add 4 cups diced potatoes. Cook on high 6-7 hours or low for 8-9 hours.
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. A great way to save money is to purchase your meat in bulk from ZayconFresh.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1½ lbs. lean stew meat, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1½ cups V-8 juice or tomato juice
- ⅓ cup barbecue sauce (I use Tessamae's)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 lb. carrots, sliced into coins
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- Place all ingredients (except potatoes) in a freezer bag, mix well, freeze until ready.
- When ready to cook, place everything in slow cooker and add diced potatoes.
- Cook on high 6-7 hours or low for 8-9 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
- **When freezing, be sure to write on bag: "Add 4 cups diced potatoes. Cook on high 6-7 hours or low for 8-9 hours."