Did you know you could clean with a spice from your pantry??? Yes you can and here are 25 Ways to Clean with Cream of Tarter. I hardly use Cream of Tarter in recipes, but there are a few that I do. So it is beneficial and natural to use it for cleaning. Give it a try, you will be surprised!
- Mix equal parts vinegar and Cream of Tartar for a wonderful non abrasive cleaner for nearly all surfaces.
- Cream of Tartar is an alternative to household bleach. Use it mixed with half as much vinegar or water anywhere you would use bleach.
- Mix with a few drops of hydrogen peroxide to clean stubborn pots and pans.
- Mix with 1/2 as much glycerin and add to a spray bottle. You now have your own homemade laundry stain remover.
- Mix with 1/2 as much lemon juice for a great copper cleaner.
- Porcelain tubs and sinks can be cleaned with equal parts vinegar and Cream of Tartar. Stains will magically disappear when rubbed with this mixture.
- Add water to form a paste and tackle those bathroom mildew stains.
- To clean drains, mix 1/4 cup baking soda, 1/4 cup salt, and 1 tbsp Cream of Tartar. Pour in drain and add 1 cup of water. Allow to sit then run water through.
- Mix Cream of Tartar with a little water to clean all of your stainless steel appliances.
- Remove scratches on dishes with a paste of Cream of Tartar and water.
- A paste of Cream of Tartar and water will even clean stubborn soot from your fireplace with a brush.
- One tsp of Cream of Tartar per quart of water makes a great presoak for your whites.
- Clean your coffee pot with 2 to 3 teaspoons of Cream of Tartar plus water to fill. Allow to heat up, scrub with a soft cloth, and rinse.
- Remove mold and mildew from grout with a mixture of Cream of Tartar and vinegar (form a paste).
- Repel ants with a sprinkling of Cream of Tartar.
- Remove rust stains from fabric with a paste of Cream of Tartar and water.
- Remove ring around the collar by applying Cream of Tartar directly to the ring.
- Discolored aluminum pots will be bright again after boiling 2 tbsp Cream of Tartar per quart of water for 10 minutes.
- Love Soft Scrub but want a natural version? Mix lemon juice with Cream of Tartar.
- Ink stains can be removed with a paste of lemon juice and Cream of Tartar. Allow to sit for one hour before laundering.
- Removing tea stains is a breeze with Cream of Tartar.
- Add a half teaspoon to water when boiling vegetables to preserve their color.
- Mix equal parts Cream of Tartar and vinegar to clean burner pans. Apply paste and allow to sit for 10 minutes before scrubbing. Repeat if needed.
- Mix paste of Cream of Tartar and vinegar to clean your oven. Apply and allow to sit for 2 – 3 hours before removing. Repeat if needed.
Remove toilet stains easily with Cream of Tartar.
As with any cleaner be sure to test on small areas before trying on the entire area.