Copy Cat Trisha Yearwood’s Creamed Beef Recipe is so yummy and can be made in as little as 30 minutes! It’s perfect on a night that you need dinner made quick for your family. Plus with only 6 ingredients needed for the recipe it’s a win-win. I had all the simple ingredients in my kitchen and you probably do too!
You start off by browning the ground beef in a skillet. While doing that I put my bread in the oven to toast. Next drain the fat off the beef and add the flour. Let it cook a little then add in milk, salt and pepper. Keep cooking until a gravy forms. Next serve it over the toast and add a little butter if you want right on top. It really is that simple! Be sure to try this easy copy cat recipe soon.
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 white bread slices, toasted and cut in half diagonally
- Butter, to top
- Saute the beef in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon and cooking until it is no longer pink, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Drain off the excess fat and sprinkle the meat with the flour.
- Stir and cook the beef and flour over medium heat until the flour has completely coated the beef and cooked slightly.
- Stir in the milk and continue to cook until the mixture becomes smooth and thickens, about 8 minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Serve over toast triangles.
- Top with a pat of butter.
To make this recipe Gluten Free use the following ingredients in place of what the recipe says. Still follow all the directions as written in recipe. Use 1/2 cup Gluten Free Flour, 2 Cups Almond Milk and a piece of Gluten Free bread.