Easy Homemade Black Pepper Gravy is one the simplest recipes to make. It seems as if it took me years to learn how to make the perfect gravy. I had alot of trial and error when trying to make gravy from drippings. With this basic gravy recipe their is no drippings to use. Which makes it so easy!
Start by melting the butter in a sauce pan and slowly whisk in the flour making sure there is no clumps. Slowly pour in the milk and whisk. The sauce will start to thicken, next add in salt and pepper. Be sure to taste test and add more if desired. Serve Easy Homemade Black Pepper Gravy over biscuits, mashed potatoes or Country Fried Chicken.
Easy Homemade Black Pepper Gravy
Yield 3 cups
- 5 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Melt butter in medium size sauce pan over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour until mixture is creamy, smooth and free of clumps.
- Slowly pour in milk and continue whisking.
- Add salt and pepper and whisk until well blended.
- Serve and enjoy!
Courses Side Dish
More Seasoning/Sauce Recipes