Caramel Monkey Bread is so tasty and combines my love of caramel and monkey bread! I grew up having monkey bread as a treat. My mother would make it for special occasions and I loved the ooey goodness of the bread. As an adult and a mother I now make it for my family to enjoy. But now that I have come across this Caramel Monkey Bread recipe I may be making it from now on! Plus you only need 5 ingredients, which is my kind of recipe.
You can make this delicous treat for breakfast, brunch or dessert. It only takes about an hour to have it warm and ready. Perfect for those lazy Saturday mornings when you do not have to be rushed to be anywhere. Be sure to try Caramel Monkey Bread you will not be disappointed!
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 cans refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease or spray 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- Mix granulated sugar and cinnamon in 1-gallon bag.
- Separate dough into biscuits; cut each in quarters (a pizza wheel works really well for this).
- Shake biscuit quarters in bag to coat; place in pan.
- Sprinkle any extra sugar mixture over biscuits.
- In 1-quart saucepan, bring butter and brown sugar to boiling over medium-high heat; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour over biscuit quarters.
- Bake 30 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Turn upside down; pull apart to serve.