I love making Fried Corn with leftover fresh corn as a side dish! My whole family loves this recipe as well too. Whenever I have leftover corn on the cob, I will freeze it and use it in future recipes or make a skillet of Fried Corn. You can make it in as little as 10 minutes and I think it goes great with almost any kind of meat. My boys love when I serve grilled hamburgers with the Fried Corn.
When I know I am going to have a busy night or day filled with multiple football practices or games and Cub Scout meeting, I plan a crockpot meal and then have Fried Corn as a side dish because I can make wholesome dinner fast for my family. I like to make these slow cooker meals and serve them with the Fried Corn – Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Chicken, Easy Crockpot Meatloaf, Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing and Slow Cooker Whole Chicken.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to season
- Heat olive oil and butter in medium skillet over medium - high heat.
- Toss corn with salt and pepper in bowl.
- Once skillet is ready add corn.
- Stir frequently for 4-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve right away and enjoy!