Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake is hands down the BEST crockpot dessert recipe I have ever made! My whole family was in awe of this scrumptious chocolate treat. It is an ooey gooey mess of chocolate cake with a warm chocolate sauce all over it. The best part is that you can mix everything and dump it right into the slow cooker.
The directions for this recipe seem long but it is really easy to prepare in less than 10 minutes. Let it slowly cook in the crockpot and it will be perfect for after dinner. Or if you are feeling naughty you could have dessert first! Be sure to try Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake recipe, you will not be disappointed!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1¼ cups milk
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (3.9 ounce) instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (12 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips
- parchment paper
- Line a 4 quart or larger crock pot with parchment paper.
- Spray the inside of the paper with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, 1 and ¼ cups of milk, oil and 3 eggs; Beat on low-speed for 1 minutes.
- Scrape the bottom of the bowl and beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes or until the batter in nice and glossy.
- Pour the batter into the lined crock pot.
- In a medium size bowl combine pudding mix, 2 cups cold milk and beat it until the pudding thickens (Should take about 3-4 minutes).
- Pour the pudding over the top of the cake batter; Do not stir it.
- Sprinkle bag of chocolate chips on top and do not stir it in.
- Place on lid on top and cook on low for 2 and ½ hours, or until the top of the cake is set.
- Place cake on a plate and add a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream if desired.