Christmas Cowboy Cookies
Yield 36 cookies
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups Unbleached All Purpose White Flour.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup holiday (red and green) chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place coconut on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted, watching very closely so they do not burn.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture; beat well.
- Stir in the oats, white, dark, and holiday chocolate chips, dried cranberries and toasted coconut.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment covered baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10-12 minutes or until browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
Recipe by STOCKPILING MOMS™ at http://www.stockpilingmoms.com/2015/12/christmas-cowboy-cookies/