Cookie Dough Buckeyes are so indulgent and you can not stop yourself from only having just one, so be sure to make plenty this holiday season! If you have a Christmas party for school or work coming up then this dessert recipe is the one to make. Everyone will love this sweet treat and it’s egg less, which is good for those with egg allergies.
For this recipe you only need a handful of ingredients and you may already have them in your pantry like I did. It was very easy to mix and prepare them. I just think next time I may use a smaller cookie dough scoop when portioning them out. My Cookie Dough Buckeyes were on the large side, which my hubby didn’t mind at all.
I love to use DairyPure milk in my recipes. DairyPure is the only milk backed by an exclusive Five-Point Purity Promise, which ensures that DairyPure contains no artificial growth hormones, is tested for antibiotics, is cold shipped fresh from your local dairy, is continually quality tested to ensure purity and only comes from cows fed a healthy diet! Be sure to add this Cookie Dough Buckeyes recipe to you holiday baking list this season, you will not be disappointed!
If you haven’t had an opportunity to try DairyPure Milk, it is our favorite brand at our house. Fresh from your local dairy, new DairyPure milks and creams are now available in the dairy case at local grocery stores nationwide. Available in several varieties including whole, 2% reduced fat, 1% low fat and skim/fat free milks, as well as creams. I chose to use 2% milk for this recipe but you can choose any of these for your Cookie Dough Buckeye. We hope your family enjoys them as much as we do!
- 1 (12 oz.) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar for 2-3 minutes, or until smooth.
- Beat in flour, milk, mini chocolate chips, vanilla extract and salt, and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Place bowl in fridge or the freezer for 15-30 minutes and let the dough harden to make it easier to roll into balls.
- Using a spoon or a melon baller, scoop out cookie dough balls, roll them in your hands to smooth them out and place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Freeze cookie balls for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Place remaining chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl and heat at 20-second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate is completely melted.
- Spear the side of each cookie dough ball with a toothpick and dip into bowl of melted chocolate until just the top of the cookie dough is uncovered. (Optional: smooth over toothpick hole with your finger.)Return cookie dough ball to lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining buckeyes.
- Once you’ve dipped all buckeyes, return baking sheet to freezer so chocolate can set. 15-20 minutes.
- Serve buckeyes immediately or keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
For recipes, local retailers, the full line of products and to learn more about DairyPure’s exclusive Five-Point Purity Promise, visit DairyPure.com, and find DairyPure on Facebook and Pinterest.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored recipe on behalf of DairyPure. All opinions are 100% our own.