Old Fashioned Homemade Egg Nog recipe is simply delicious and super easy to make! My husband loves egg nog and every year around Christmas time he loves to drink lots of it. After seeing the ingredients listed on the half gallon from the store. I decided this would be simple to make at home. So I researched a few recipes, made some changes and this recipe is by far his favorite. He says it has a lot of flavor and reminds him of when his grandmother made it when he was a child.
You only need a handful of ingredients and spices to make this creamy beverage. I had all the spices and all the ingredients in my kitchen, so I was able to make this quickly. It really does taste best if you make the Egg Nog and let it sit in the fridge overnight, to let the flavors really set in. Be sure to drink it up quickly though because it only has a shelf life of about two days. Be sure to enjoy a cold glass this Christmas season of Old Fashioned Homemade Egg Nog!
Old Fashioned Homemade Egg Nog
Yield 5 cups
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups cream
- 9 egg yolks, as fresh as possible
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (more to taste if desired)
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place all ingredients in a blender or a large bowl.
- Blend or whisk until very smooth and a bit frothy.
- Set in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and preferably overnight to chill thoroughly and allow flavors to blend.
- Serve chilled.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.