This delicious recipe for Slow Cooker Cinnamon Honey Carrots tastes amazing! I must admit that I am not a huge fan of cooked carrots, but for the new year I want to eat healthier for myself and my family. And I actually really, really liked these honey carrots plus it’s a bonus that you can make them in the crockpot.
This slow cooker recipe makes a lot so you can feed a large crowd and have leftovers for the week. I plan on incorporating these into my lunches for the week with my meal prep. For these scrumptious Slow Cooker Cinnamon Honey Carrots you only need simple staples that you may probably already have in your kitchen. I did have them and I was able to get my carrots with a free coupon that my grocery store sent me, which was a bonus! Be sure to try these carrots soon, you will not be disappointed.
- 2 lbs. baby carrots
- ¾ C packed brown sugar
- ¼ C honey
- ½ C orange juice
- ¼ C melted butter
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Place carrots in a 4 quart slow cooker and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine sugar, honey, juice, butter and cinnamon.
- Pour mixture over carrots and stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until the carrots are fork tender.
- Stir occasionally and check tenderness as they cook.
- Strain juice from carrots and place in a pan on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Boil until mixture reduces down to about half.
- Pour back over carrots.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.