This healthy recipe for Unstuffed Turkey Cabbage Rolls tastes amazing! I was so happy with how great this dinner turned out. My whole family ate the dish and even had seconds. There was plenty of leftovers for me to pack for lunch the rest of the week. One day for lunch I added some steamed brown rice and it felt like a completely different meal. It was delicious!
You only need some simple ingredients to make this healthy turkey recipe. I always choose Honeysuckle White Turkey. It is a great way to serve a delicious and healthy meal for your family. Unstuffed Turkey Cabbage Rolls is so easy to prepare and it makes a large quantity. You can easily save half of it for a later use or to use in meal prep for the week. If you don’t have a large family like mine you may want to half the recipe so you don’t have too many leftovers. However I loved preparing this and having lunches for the week. Be sure to try this recipe soon!
- 2 pounds Honeysuckle White ground turkey
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 6 oz water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Heat a large skillet/pot over medium-high heat.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil and cook the onions until translucent.
- Cook turkey and onion in the skillet/pot until browned.
- Drain and discard grease.
- Add the chopped cabbage, tomatoes, tomato paste, water, garlic, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring the ingredients to a boil.
- Cover the skillet/pot, reduce heat, and simmer until cabbage is tender (This will take about 30 minutes).
- Serve and enjoy!
More Turkey Recipes You May Enjoy:
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Honeysuckle White Turkey. I am a sponsored Brand Ambassador for Shady Brook Farms and Honeysuckle White Turkey. All opinions are 100% my own.