Heavenly Oreo Dessert recipe is just plain delicious, especially if you are an Oreo Cookie lover! My family was so excited when they seen me making this dessert. I had prepared it and we had it on Christmas Eve with my in laws. Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe that night! I plan on making this scrumptious dessert for Easter to take to my family’s dinner.
In the recipe below, it may appear to have a lot of steps but please do not let that discourage you from making it. This oreo dessert recipe is worth the time to prepare it. Plus you can make this ahead of time and let it sit in the fridge until you are ready to serve it. Which makes it perfect for a party, work, pot luck or any gathering. I have also had experience that teenagers love this Heavenly Oreo Dessert, so beware that there will be no left overs when serving to them!
Heavenly Oreo Dessert
- 1 (15.35 ounce) package Double-Stuffed Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (3.9 ounce, each) Instant Chocolate pudding mix
- 3 1/4 cups cold milk
- 2 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip
- 1 (8 ounce) block Cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Take a large zip-lock bag and place all the Oreo cookies inside.
- Seal bag shut and place on counter; Using a rolling pin, crush the cookies until they are small chunks/crumbs (You want them to still be chunky and small, but not fine crumbs).
- Set aside half of the cookie crumbs for the topping.
- Pour the other half of cookie crumbs into a 9×13 baking pan.
- Pour the melted butter over the crumbs and mix well to combine.
- Once combined, press into the pan to form a crust.
- In a bowl, whisk together the 2 pudding mixes and milk.
- Cover and place in fridge to set.
- In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese until smooth; Slowly add in the powdered sugar.
- Fold in one container of Cool Whip and spread mixture over the cookie crust.
- Next, take chocolate pudding and spread over the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the other container of Cool Whip over the chocolate pudding layer.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining cookie crumbs.
- Cover and chill in fridge at least 2 hours before serving.