Brown Sugar Roasted Pineapple is a tasty gluten free, clean eating dessert recipe! I was in heaven eating this scrumptious sweet dish. It is no secret that I have a sweet tooth and crave desserts, however I am striving to make better food choices this year. So in keeping with my weight loss and eating healthy I am always in search of healthy snacks. This Brown Sugar Roasted Pineapple is now a favorite of mine and will be made frequently on the menu. My family also loved the delicious dessert and wants me to make it again soon!
You only need four simple ingredients to make this dessert. You can either use fresh or frozen pineapple. This weekend for Easter I am going to prepare this hot pineapple to serve along with ham for Easter dinner. Be sure to try Brown Sugar Roasted Pineapple, you will not be disappointed!
Brown Sugar Roasted Pineapple
- 4 cups fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Cut fresh pineapple into chunks or thaw the frozen pineapple (If you are using frozen and thawed pineapple include any juice from the thawing process).
- In a medium bowl combine all of the ingredients.
- Stir by tossing gently until all the pineapple is well coated.
- Pour the pineapple mixture into a large, rectangular baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, stirring about half way through.
- The pineapple is done when it turns a rich golden and begins to brown but before it starts to blacken.
Courses Gluten Free