I am IN LOVE with these Whole 30 Breakfast Cups. They are easy to prep once for the week and re-heat! As you know I am on the Whole30 journey. I have completed round one and round two and I am on round three right now. The most exciting part of round three is that my husband has joined me! This makes my life easier because of meal prep and my heart happy because I really wanted him to join me but knew that if that was going to happen it would be in his timing and not mine. When I told him that I was starting round three on April 18th and he told me that he wanted to do it with me!
For Round One and Round Two I primarily was eating hard cooked eggs, scrambled eggs or my favorite fried eggs and avocados. However since my hubby decided to join me I needed to come up with something he could take to work. He is NOT a fan of hard cooked eggs and he leaves early in the morning so cooking prior to leaving is not an option. He needed an on-the-go and re-heat at work option and that is when I decided to modify our Bacon Egg Cups to make them Whole30 compliant. Today we started day 8 and we ate these Monday-Friday last week and will continue to do again this week. They have been a big hit with him.
I like that they are packed full of veggies and they can be microwaved for 30 seconds and then eaten. I prep them on Sunday night and BAM – we have breakfast for the week! We eat (2) of these with a small kiwi or 20 blueberries.
- 2 dozen eggs
- Veggies of your choice - I use green pepper, mushroom and spinach
- Spicehound - Seasoning Salt
- Whisk your eggs into a large bowl and add 1 TSP Whole30 approved seasoning salt (or salt and pepper).
- Chop your veggies.
- Grease your muffin tin with coconut oil or other approved healthy fat.
- Fill your muffin tin ½ full.
- STUFF it full of chopped veggies!
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until set.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool on a cooling rack if you are prepping for the week.
- Refrigerate and microwave 30 seconds to re-heat.