This three ingredient Easy Slow Cooker Beef Onion Roast recipe tastes so good! I could not believe how tasty this beef roast was having only a few ingredients. My husband already wants me to put it back on the menu plan. All you need is a packet of gravy mix, minced onion and the beef roast. Put it all together in the crockpot and let it cook, but of course I had to add a 1/2 stick of butter because I love how tender it makes meat. So by all means you can leave that out if you do not want to put it in.
The best part about this crockpor recipe is the longer you cook, the better the meat is. So if you need a recipe that takes a least 10 or more hours in the slow cooker then this is the recipe to make. After removing the beef and shredding it, I added water mixed with cornstarch to make a gravy to serve over the meat. I added it right in the crockpot and whisked together. Start with 1/3 cup water with 2 Tbsp cornstarch and add a little at time until you reach the consistency you desire. Be sure to add Easy Slow Cooker Beef Onion Roast recipe to your list of recipes to try!
- 3-5 lb beef roast
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
- 4 Tbsp minced onion
- ½ stick (4 Tbsp) butter (optional)
- Place beef roast in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle brown gravy mix and minced onion over roast.
- Add butter on top if using.
- Place lid on crockpot and cook on low 8-10 hours.
- Remove meat and shred before serving.
- If desired add ⅓ cup water mixed with 2 Tbsp cornstarch to crockpot, whisk together to make a gravy to serve over meat.
Easy Freeze Slow Cooker Directions:
Combine beef roast, brown gravy mix, minced onion and butter into a freezer safe storage bag. Freeze. When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Add to the slow cooker and cook as directed above.