This tasty Slow Cooker Freezer Meal Lasagna is a must have recipe! Yes I made this in an afternoon when doing twenty freezer meals for my crockpot. With end of the school year activities in full swing I needed a bunch of prep ahead meals that I could make for my family.
So I got busy finding and creating recipes so I could take an afternoon and have meals ready to go for my family. This pasta crockpot recipe has been my kid’s favorite so far out of all the slow cooker meals. I served garlic bread and a side salad along with it.
Slow Cooker Lasagna is so good and it’s an easy freeze slow cooker supper that everyone will love. My whole family loved this complete crockpot dinner meal and they want me to make it again soon! Be sure to make this crockpot freezer meal, you will not be disappointed.
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. A great way to save money is to purchase your meat in bulk from ZayconFresh.
- 1½ lbs ground beef, browned and drained
- 8 lasagna noodles, broken into pieces (uncooked regular noodles not oven baked noodles)
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 5½ oz tomato paste
- 1 (24 oz) jar pasta sauce
- ½ cup fresh celery, diced
- ½ cup fresh carrots, diced
- 1 cup fresh onion, diced
- ½ cup fresh green pepper, diced
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground parsley
- ½ tsp ground oregano
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Label gallon size freezer bag with name of recipe, date and instructions.
- Place all ingredients except pasta sauce in bag and seal.
- Place in freezer.
- To cook: Place bag in fridge to thaw overnight.
- Dump bag in crockpot and add pasta sauce.
- Cook on low 8 hours, stir halfway through to ensure noodles are covered in sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!