This scrumptious Slow Cooker Mexican Chili with Cornbread Topping recipe is also a great freezer meal! I prepared this meal in an afternoon when doing twenty crockpot freezer meals for my family’s dinners. With end of the school year activities in full swing and summer break coming, I wanted to make a bunch of prep ahead meals that I could make for my family.
So I got busy finding and creating recipes so I could take an afternoon and have meals ready to go for my family. This spicy chicken chili crockpot recipe was a great dinner on an unusual cold evening in May here in Kentucky. I served the delicious Mexican Chicken as it was making it a complete meal in this recipe!
Slow Cooker Mexican Chili with Cornbread Topping is so good and it’s an easy freeze slow cooker supper that everyone will love. My whole family loved this complete crockpot dinner meal and they want me to make it again soon! Be sure to make this crockpot freezer meal, you will not be disappointed.
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. A great way to save money is to purchase your meat in bulk from ZayconFresh.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium size yellow onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 (10.75 oz) can of condensed tomato soup
- ¼ lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 box of Jiffy Corn Mix
- Label gallon size freezer bag with name of recipe, date and instructions.
- Place all ingredients in bag except cheese and Jiffy Corn Mix and seal.
- Place in freezer.
- To Cook: Thaw overnight in fridge.
- Dump bag in slow cooker.
- Place lid on.
- Cook on low 6 hours.
- Shred chicken right in the slow cooker.
- Cover the chicken chili with cheese and make the jiffy mix according to package directions; por on top.
- Place lid on slow cooker, turn on to high for 60 minutes and cook until the cornbread topping is cooked though.
- Serve and enjoy!