If you love lemon you are going to love this Slow Cooker Paleo Chicken Piccata. It was a hit with my family. It was so moist there was no need for a knife. I served this with roasted potatoes but you could easily serve with rice or riced cauliflower. The chicken had a light lemon flavor and the capers and parsley added a nice flavor and color contrast.
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. A great way to save money is to purchase your meat in bulk from ZayconFresh. I LOVE their chicken! You can adjust this recipe to feed your family using 4-6 pieces of meat. I personally use 4 to feed my family of 3 with a leftovers for lunch the next day. I use 2 lbs of chicken in my recipe but you can adjust between 4-6 cuts of chicken.
I love that this is an easy freezer meal too! Just simply add all of your ingredients into a gallon size freezer safe bag except for your lemon and chicken broth and freeze. When you are ready to cook simply then thaw in the refrigerator overnight. When ready to cook place into a slow cooker and add chicken broth and fresh lemon on top. Best of all this is a Whole30 compliant recipe and is naturally gluten free too!
- 4-6 Boneless chicken breasts or boneless chicken thighs (I used 2 lbs)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup capers (rinse and drain juice) - 2.4 oz jar
- 1 TBSP dried parsley
- 1 lemon, sliced
- salt and pepper, optional
- In a gallon size freezer safe bag combine all ingredients except fresh lemon and chicken broth.
- When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place into a slow cooker and add chicken broth and fresh lemons on top.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove lemons and salt and pepper if desired.
I hope your family enjoys this meal as much as mine did!
Whole 30 Recipes: