Skillet Chicken Fajitas recipe is a family favorite in my house. My boys love these fajitas and get super excited when they see them on the menu plan. I like this recipe because I can make it in 30 minutes! Yes an easy dinner recipe that tastes great plus it’s healthy. So for me as a mom, it’s a win-win. Football season has started for my boys so we have lots of practice and games in our schedules. So this recipe is a life saver for us to have a healthy dinner before heading out the door.
In my recipe for Skillet Chicken Fajitas I use spices to make the fajita mix. If you do not have the spices or do not want to take the time to measure out, you can swap the spices for a packet of fajita mix. I just try to avoid the packages for my family and I think it tastes better. I also use my cast iron skillet because it really brings out the flavor in the chicken and sautes the peppers and onion nicely. My husband and kids eat the chicken fajita mixture on soft tortillas, I however prefer putting the mixture on lettuce wraps. Be sure to try Skillet Chicken Fajitas recipe soon, you will not be disappointed!
Skillet Chicken Fajitas
- 1 lb chicken, sliced thinly
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 medium size onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Spices for Fajita Mix:
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- flour tortillas, optional
- lettuce wraps, optional
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp Olive oil.
- Add peppers and onion, saute until tender(about 5-7 minutes).
- Remove peppers and onions to plate.
- Add remaining olive oil and chicken.
- Saute until chicken is no longer pink and done; about 8 minutes.
- Add spices and chicken broth, bring to a boil then turn to simmer.
- Add peppers and onions back to skillet.
- Heat for about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
More Recipes You May Enjoy: