This appetizer Texas Trash Dip Recipe is so yummy, yummy good! I had seen this recipe on Pinterest and I just had to try it. With the NFL football starting back up, it was the perfect time to try it out. My husband said he wanted this added to his favorite list of tailgating food. I must admit that I spoil him on Sundays during football season. Every week I make 2-3 appetizer dishes that we munch on while watching the games on Sunday afternoons and evenings.
For this easy Texas Trash Dip Recipe you only need a handful of ingredients and you may have them in your kitchen right now. I know I had everything on hand except for the Monterrey Jack cheese. Quick trip to the store and I was ready to make everything. It only took me five minutes to mix, put in the dish and sprinkle with cheese. Then right in the oven it went for 30 minutes. I served with tortilla chips and my youngest ate the dip with Fritos. Next time I am going to make this in my crockpot casserole cooker. Be sure to try Texas Trash Dip Recipe for any appetizer needs you may have, it makes a large quantity which is perfect for a work party or birthday!
- 2 (16 ounce) cans of refried beans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Taco Seasoning packet
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a mixer, whip together cream cheese, beans, taco seasoning and sour cream until smooth.
- Spread into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with both shredded cheeses, and then bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is slightly brown and dip is hot and bubbly around the edges.
- Serve with tortilla chips.