If you are looking for a delicious cornbread dressing this is it! My Mom made this for Thanksgiving and our entire family loved it. I am not a huge fan of dressing however this had me coming back for seconds! Best of all it is naturally gluten free! My Dad loves dressing and he gave this recipe two thumbs up! It had the best flavor and I didn’t even need to use gravy on it it was so good! I hope you enjoy this delicious Cornbread Dressing recipe at your next holiday meal. Your guests will never know it is gluten free!
- 1 pan cornbread (gluten free, not sweet)
- 1 loaf stale bread, cubed, (Trader Joe’s gluten free white bread)
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 stick butter
- Chicken or turkey broth (32oz. gluten free)
- Bake cornbread day before and cut up bread crumbs and place in a storage bag.
- Saute celery and onion in butter (do not brown)
- Add broth and heat together until celery and onion are tender.
- Add crumbled cornbread, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning and mix in a large bowl and spread in a 9 x 13 buttered baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until brown on top. (35 to 40 minutes)