I love this Traditional Pumpkin Pie Recipe. It is a family favorite recipe that has been passed down from my grandmother and great grandmother. I make this scrumptious pie every year for my family at Thanksgiving. I love that is it easy but I also enjoy how creamy and tasty it is. Brings back such sweet childhood memories for me.
You can also make this pie gluten free as long as you use a gluten free pie crust. I like serving my pie with Homemade Whipped Cream. I love making it with my own homemade pumpkin puree too when I have it in my freezer stockpile!
- 1 (15oz) can pumpkin or 2 cups fresh pumpkin
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean.
- Top with Whipped Cream if desired.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.