Homemade Turkey Sloppy Joe’s Recipe is a family favorite dinner in my house. This meal is quick and can be prepared in 30 minutes. I need quick and easy dinner recipes for our meals when school is back in full swing after the holidays throughout the week. So if you are busy and and need a quick and simple meal then this is the meal for you! Plus it is healthier for you.
Here’s a menu planning tip –> I like to cook my ground turkey with onions when I get it at the store and freeze it so it saves time when preparing my meals. For this meal I had frozen ground turkey that I had reheated int he skillet with the green pepper. I pulled it out of the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge overnight and it was ready to use when it came dinner time. I just put it in the skillet and heated it up and followed the rest of the recipe! Huge time saver!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Homemade Turkey Sloppy Joe's Recipe
Yield 4 -6
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the ground turkey with the onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids if any.
- Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve on lettuce wrap or bun and enjoy!
Be sure to check out these other Meals that can be prepared in less than 30 minutes: